Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why? Why? Why?

Ever looked into the mirror and asked "why me God?" I have and I wondered why I could not be in the same athletic condition as other people I knew or saw on tv. Once I decided that I was ok with who I was and that all I needed was a healthy lifestyle change things just started to flow in the right direction. In speaking with people I've heard a gambit of reasons why people want to get in shape. I want to impress a guy/girl, I want to look good for the summer, fit into that dress, I'm making a presentation and don't want to get up in front of people looking like this, and the list goes on. While they are all valid reasons to make that lifestyle change and get into the best shape of your life they are temporary goals with temporary solutions attached called diets. What happens when you reach your goals? When you meet that someone special or when the wedding day has come and gone? The weight comes right back on and we fall into a rut. I think it's important that we look in the mirror and tell yourself that you love yourself. I know it sounds silly but it's important. Why would anybody treat you different than the way you treat you. Remember that you count, your important, and you have the power to change for you. Maybe others will benefit when you change but first and foremost it's for you. List some of the reasons you have used in the past to lose weight and get into shape and see how they turned out for you. God loves you for who you are and so should you. Now let's make sure we get up every morning on the journey to fitness look into that mirror smile and love yourself for being you.

1 comment: